23 April 2010

Obama's Fiscal Backwardness

While everyone was squealing about the VAT discussion this week, I was taken aback by a small comment found in the CNBC interview with the President.  His comment reveals that there is indeed no limit to the size and scope of what the federal government should do under Obama.
If I go to purchase a home, I have to figure out what I can afford and balance that with what my family needs.  What the government is doing is building a house without a floorplan...adding room after room without any constraint to how big or how expensive the house should be.
What we should be doing is determining what we need and can afford, then setting taxes to pay for those services...not the other way 'round.

Obama:
...you know, we have a baseline of the core services that we need and the government should provide. And then we decide how do we pay for that....